Term 3 Class Period: 27 July – 20 September (8 weeks)
A gentle class introducing the basics of ballet and is specifically for those with arthritis or osteoporosis who have never danced or who have had a long break.
The benefits of dance for arthritis and osteoporosis are:
- improve core stability
- improve balance
- improve coordination
- build muscle strength
- increase flexibility
- build stronger bones
All ages are invited – It’s never too late to try!
*Participants must be able to walk unaided and be able to hear instructions.
*Please bring your own water bottle.
Venue: Seminar Room, Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park.
Cost: $85 online (8 weeks)
Class Times: You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class (once per week)
- Registration opens 12 noon Monday 13 July and closes 12 noon Friday 31 July.
- If you are interested in joining after the registration closing date, please contact our staff to assist with your request.
- This registration entitles you to attend 8 exercise classes (one per week)
- You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend more than one class per week, you will need to register for additional classes throughout the week.
To successfully complete registration, you must either:
- Answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
- Gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6
AOWA has put in place the following COVID-19 safety measures, where all service users and staff are required to:
- Maintain physical distancing at all times keeping 1.5 metres from others.
- Sanitise hands on entry and practice good hygiene.
- Arrive dressed for the class as changing rooms will not be open. Some toilets will remain open for use.
- Arrive up to 5 minutes before the class starts and wait outside in the pool foyer (physically distanced) until staff give clearance to enter the exercise area.
- Sign in on entry to exercise area and answer required COVID-19 declaration questions, before the class commences.
- Exit the exercise area promptly (within 5 minutes of the class ending) so staff can perform cleaning between classes.
- Stay away from AOWA premises if you are feeling unwell (See this link for further information on Covid-19 symptoms)