- This event has passed.
TRIAL CLASS JIA Hydrotherapy Program 4:50pm (Secondary School) Shenton Park
October 18, 2021 @ 4:50 pm - 5:35 pm$8.00
- We are unable to offer casual attendances on an ongoing basis for term classes.
- You will only be entitled to 1 trial class to see if the class is suitable for you.
- If you’d like to continue for the remainder of the term, please advise Arthritis WA and we’ll be able to arrange a pro-rata amount to be paid for the remainder of the term.
This JIA Hydrotherapy Program is available to secondary school students who have chronic musculoskeletal conditions and are competent swimmers (able to enter and exit the pool unaided).
Benefits of the program include:
- increased muscle strength
- improved joint range of movement
- improved coordination
- balance and agility
This program is led by a physiotherapist experienced in working with children and teenagers with chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
*Please bring a water bottle with you.
Venue: Hydrotherapy Pool, Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park
Term Cost: $60 (8 weeks) 1-time casual visit = $8
Class Times: 4:50pm
- If you are interested in joining after the registration closing date, please contact our staff to assist with your request.
- You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend more than one class per week, you will need to register for additional classes throughout the week.
To successfully complete registration, you must either:
- Answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
- Gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6
AOWA has put in place the following COVID-19 safety measures, where all service users and staff are required to:
- Maintain physical distancing at all times keeping 1.5 metres from others.
- Sanitise hands on entry and practice good hygiene.
- Arrive up to 5 minutes before the class starts and wait outside in the pool foyer (physically distanced) until staff give clearance to enter the exercise area.
- Sign in on entry to exercise area and answer required COVID-19 declaration questions, before the class commences.
- Exit the exercise area promptly (within 5 minutes of the class ending) so staff can perform cleaning between classes.
- Stay away from AOWA premises if you are feeling unwell (See this link for further information on Covid-19 symptoms)