Arthritis & Osteoporosis WA and Body Logic Physiotherapy are pleased to offer this clinical education event on the management of persistent low back pain (LBP). This seminar is the second in a 3-part education series on musculoskeletal conditions, including: OA Knee (Part 1, Jun21); and Shoulder Pain (Part 3, Nov21).
When: Saturday 18th September 2021, 8am – 11:30am
Where: Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park WA
PROGRAM Facilitated by Dr Joe Kosterich, GP
- Person-centred approach to managing LBP
Dr JP Caneiro, Specialist Sports Physiotherapist
- Efficacy of medicines, injections and other procedures in the management of persistent LBP
Dr Reza Feizerfan, Pain Medicine Specialist
- Psychological approaches for people with persistent LBP
Dr Rob Schutze, Clinical Psychologist
- Surgery for spinal pain: indications and common procedures
Dr Siamak Seresti, Orthopaedic Spinal Surgeon
1. Discuss current evidence-based management strategies for persistent low back pain.
2. Discuss different options for a patient with persistent low back pain based on the biopsychosocial model including: exercise, relaxation, psychological support.
3. Apply up to date evidence to inform patient discussions about the person-centered management of low back pain.
4. Identify the indications for referral to a spinal surgeon.
5. Explain common surgical procedures used in the management of low back pain.
Currently registered GPs, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals. Your AHPRA number is required with registration. Please phone 9388 2199 if you are registered through a different professional entity.
REGISTRATION IS ESSENTIAL by Tuesday 14th September
Limited places. Please register to confirm your place.
For enquiries call Clara on 9388 2199 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.