Tai Chi for Arthritis Ongoing – Wed 11:45am Mundaring
July 24 @ 11:45 am - 12:45 pm$105
Event Dates: 24 July – 25 September (10 weeks)
The movements of the Tai Chi for Arthritis program have been specifically designed to be safe for people with arthritis. The slow movements prevent injury, but build muscle strength and calm the mind.
Created in 1977 by Dr Paul Lam with a team of tai chi and medical experts, the program involves 12 positions that are designed to be safe and beneficial for people with arthritis.
Tai Chi can be suitable for people with arthritis of any age and fitness level if:
- the form of tai chi involves slow, gentle movements that are suitable for people with arthritis
- you can work at your own level and pace during the class
- you learn from a qualified instructor who:
- understands arthritis
- ensures the movements are safe for you and your ability
- shows you how to change or adapt the movements if they are causing you pain or discomfort
Cost: $115 ($105 online)
PLEASE NOTE: To successfully complete registration, you must either:
- answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
- you MUST gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6.