Term 2 Online Classes – Free Trial Period: 4 May – 15 May
(Paid registrations for Term 2 open 9am Monday 18 May and close 12 noon Thursday 21 May)
In this Level 3-4 program, you will deepen your understanding and practice of The Tai Chi for Arthritis Program (the original 12 movements plus the advanced 6 movements), and the 8 movements of the Tai Chi for Osteoporosis Program. The modified Tai Chi Sun Style 73 form, from which the Tai Chi for Arthritis program was drawn, will also be explored.
The classes are led by Teresa Stokes, a Senior Trainer and Certified Instructor with Dr Paul Lam’s Tai Chi for Health Institute. Teresa is an experienced instructor who is skilled at modifying movements to suit individuals. Chairs are available for support, and the program can be performed seated if preferred. Please wear loose comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes, and bring a water bottle.
Prerequisite: Completion of the Tai Chi for Arthritis and Osteoporosis (Level 2) is required.
What You Will Need:
For Online Classes:
- A computer device with a front-facing camera/microphone (laptop, iPad or smartphone).
- Ensure your device is fully charged or plugged into power source.
- Reliable internet connection.
- Sufficient space to safely exercise at home.
- Sturdy chair
- Exercise clothing
- Water bottle
Cost: After the trial period ends (May 15th), there will then be an outright fee of $50 for the remaining 6 weeks of the term (25 May – 3 July)
PLEASE NOTE: To successfully complete registration, you must either:
- answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
- you MUST gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6.
Important: Participants must have previously learnt the TCA Beginners and advanced sets to attend this program.