- This event has passed.
CASUAL CLASS – Nordic Pole
June 7, 2022 @ 11:00 am$12.00
Casual Class Attendance:
- We are unable to offer casual attendances on an ongoing basis for term classes.
- You will only be entitled to 1 casual class to see if the class is suitable for you.
- If you’d like to continue for the remainder of the term, please advise Arthritis WA and we’ll be able to arrange a pro-rata amount to be paid for the remainder of the term.
In this land-based program, walking poles will be used for head-to-toe workouts when seated and standing. The walking poles will provide the participants a unique way of improving their range of motion, core strength, balance and mobility. A great class for all abilities looking to try an alternative way to manage their arthritis!
The class will be led by Carol Benson-Hitch, who is a certified Nordic Pole instructor.
*Please wear loose comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes, and bring a water bottle.
Venue: Seminar Room, Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park.
Cost: 1-time casual visit = $12
Class Times: Tuesday 7/6 @ 11:00am. You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class (once per week)
- If you are interested in joining after the registration closing date, please contact our staff to assist with your request.
- You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend more than one class per week, you will need to register for additional classes throughout the week.
To successfully complete registration, you must either:
- Answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
- Gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6
AOWA has put in place the following COVID-19 safety measures, where all service users and staff are required to:
- Maintain physical distancing at all times keeping 1.5 metres from others.
- Sanitise hands on entry and practice good hygiene.
- Arrive up to 5 minutes before the class starts and wait (physically distanced) until staff give clearance to enter the exercise area.
- Sign in on entry to exercise area and answer required COVID-19 declaration questions, before the class commences.
- Exit the exercise area promptly (within 5 minutes of the class ending) so staff can perform cleaning between classes.
- Stay away from AOWA premises if you are feeling unwell (See this link for further information on Covid-19 symptoms)