Casual Class Attendance:
- We are unable to offer casual attendances on an ongoing basis for term classes.
- You will only be entitled to 1 casual class to see if the class is suitable for you.
- If you’d like to continue for the remainder of the term, please advise Arthritis WA and we’ll be able to arrange a pro-rata amount to be paid for the remainder of the term.
The Tai Chi for Arthritis program was created in 1997 by Dr Paul Lam and a team of tai chi and medical experts. The program is designed to improve muscular strength to support and protect the joints, as well as flexibility and mobility to reduce pain and stiffness. The focus on weight transference improves balance which reduces falls, and the movements increase fitness which promotes the proper functioning of the heart and lungs. The program also helps to relieve pain, reduce stress and increase relaxation.
*Please wear loose comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes, and bring a water bottle.
Venue: Seminar Room, Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park.
Term Cost: $95 (8 weeks) 1-time casual visit = $12
Class Times: Friday 27/5 @ 10AM You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class (once per week)
- If you are interested in joining after the registration closing date, please contact our staff to assist with your request.
- You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend more than one class per week, you will need to register for additional classes throughout the week.
To successfully complete registration, you must either:
- Answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
- Gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6
AOWA has put in place the following COVID-19 safety measures, where all service users and staff are required to:
- Maintain physical distancing at all times keeping 1.5 metres from others.
- Sanitise hands on entry and practice good hygiene.
- Arrive up to 5 minutes before the class starts and wait (physically distanced) until staff give clearance to enter the exercise area.
- Sign in on entry to exercise area and answer required COVID-19 declaration questions, before the class commences.
- Exit the exercise area promptly (within 5 minutes of the class ending) so staff can perform cleaning between classes.
- Stay away from AOWA premises if you are feeling unwell (See this link for further information on Covid-19 symptoms)