- This event has passed.
Tai Chi for Arthritis Part 2 Instructor Training & Updates
July 17, 2021 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm$195.00 – $245.00
Event Date: Saturday 17th July 2021
This one-day workshop is an extension of the original Tai Chi for Arthritis (TCA) program, based on the Sun Style of Tai Chi, and will provide tai chi instructors with the knowledge and skills to safely teach an extra set of more advanced movements.
The Tai Chi for Arthritis 2 (TCA2) instructor training workshop is suitable for those who have previously completed the TCA1 training and wish to be a certified to teach the TCA2 program, or are just keen to develop their tai chi skills further.
The TCA1&2 programs were designed by Dr. Paul Lam of the Tai Chi for Health Institute (TCHI) in conjunction with a team of medical specialists and tai chi experts. Please go to www.taichiforhealthinstitute.org for more information about the Tai Chi for Arthritis Part 1 & 2 programs.
Reasons to attend:
- Learn how to teach the TCA2 program safely and effectively.
- Gain more depth of understanding of Tai Chi Principles and how the Tai Chi for Arthritis 1 & 2 programs can help people with arthritis.
- Be able to perform the Tai Chi for Arthritis 1 & 2 set.
Please go to www.taichiforhealthtraining.com.au to find out more about the training workshop, the master trainer and the certification process.
The Certification Process:
Although almost anyone can participate in the instructor training workshop, only qualified participants will be certified to teach after they have successfully completed the 5 steps below.
- Register for an Instructor Training Workshop through this website.
- Prepare for the workshop. Pre-workshop requirements are set out at www.taichiforhealthtraining.com.au
- Attend the workshop – 17 July 2021 at Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park, WA.
- Register with the Tai Chi for Health Institute Board
- Keep credentials up to date. Tai Chi Instructors are required to renew their certification every two years in order to update their skills and knowledge of the program.
To qualify to teach the TCA2 program, participants must complete the TCA2 training and satisfy one of the following:
- Tai Chi Teacher/Instructor
- Advanced Tai Chi Student (at least 1 year experience)
- Occupational Therapist
- Qualified Exercise Instructor
- Other appropriate health professional
As well as the above, it is also preferable that participants have a current TCA1 certification.
- Tai Chi for Arthritis Part 2 Training – New Certification $245 (Saturday 9am – 5pm)
- Tai Chi for Arthritis Part 2 Update – Recertification $195 (Saturday 9am – 5pm)
Note: If registering for a Recertification Update you must be able to provide proof of your current (or most recent) certification.
Prior to the training each participant needs to be familiar with the content of the following resources which can be purchased through Tai Chi productions in Sydney (02) 9533 6511 or www.taichiproductions.com (Note: these items are in addition to the workshop fee).
- Tai Chi for Arthritis Part 2 program – DVD ($29.95)
- “Teaching Tai Chi Effectively” by Dr. Paul Lam as a hard copy book ($21.95) or e-book ($9.99)
Please Note: AOWA requires a minimum number of participants to proceed with the workshop, if the minimum is not met, a full refund will be provided.
Bookings are essential – Register online by Wednesday 7th July 2021.