Term 2, 2023: 3 May – 25 June (8 weeks)
In this gentle yoga class, participants will move through a series of movements to help improve joint health, flexibility and balance. Participants will need to be able to move up and down off the floor.
Yoga connects the body and mind through the medium of breath. learning to move with the breath, bringing awareness to the body and its needs through poses that rejuvenate the nervous system, muscles and connective tissues of the body can have wonderful health benefits.
Gentle Yoga has been proven to be helpful for many chronic pain conditions, providing relief from both the pain itself and the associated stress related to living with chronic pain.
*Participants must be able to get up and down off the floor and be able to hear instructions.
*Please bring your own yoga mat and thick towel or blanket.
Venue: Seminar Room, Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park.
Cost: Please see ticket details below to view term class fees.
Class Times: You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class (once per week)
- If you are interested in joining after the registration closing date, please contact our staff to assist with your request.
- You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend more than one class per week, you will need to register for additional classes throughout the week.
To successfully complete registration, you must either:
- Answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
- Gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6
AOWA has put in place the following COVID-19 safety measures, where all service users and staff are required to:
- Maintain physical distancing at all times keeping 1.5 metres from others.
- Sanitise hands on entry and practice good hygiene.
- Arrive up to 5 minutes before the class starts and wait outside in the pool foyer (physically distanced) until staff give clearance to enter the exercise area.
- Sign in on entry to exercise area and answer required COVID-19 declaration questions, before the class commences.
- Exit the exercise area promptly (within 5 minutes of the class ending) so staff can perform cleaning between classes.
- Stay away from AOWA premises if you are feeling unwell (See this link for further information on Covid-19 symptoms)