Instructor Guided Open Pool – Shenton Park – Mondays 12:00pm
January 15, 2024 @ 12:00 pm - 12:45 pm$78.00
8-Week Hydro Block Period: Mon 15 Jan – Fri 8 Mar 2024
No session 4th March due to Public Holiday. Registration fee is for 7 weeks.
Instructor Guided Open Pool – for independent participants who wish to do their individual Hydrotherapy program and can bring a program from their allied health professional. Alternatively, a qualified instructor will be available to guide participants and answer any questions regarding correct alignment and form. The supervising instructor can also offer exercise ideas for participants wanting to work on their balance and coordination.
External providers of exercise supervision are not permitted in AOWA’s hydrotherapy sessions.
– This registration entitles you to attend 1 aqua session per week (with the exception of this session occurring on a public holiday).
– You may only attend the day and time allocated for this session. If you wish to attend more than one session per week, you will need to register for additional sessions throughout the week.
– Open pool attendees perform independent exercise (without instruction), under the supervision of a lifeguard.
To successfully complete registration, you must either:
– Answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
– Gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6
– Agree to the Terms & Conditions outlined below.
Venue: Hydrotherapy Pool, Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park.
Costs: Please see ticket details below to view session fees.
Class Times: You may only attend the day and time allocated for this session (once per week)
Terms & Conditions for 8-Week Hydrotherapy Pool Passes:
– The 8-Week Hydrotherapy Block registration will reserve your place for you to attend 8 warm water sessions (one per week) for your registered day and time. Participants who wish to access additional sessions are encouraged to do so (where sessions are available), however additional fees will apply.
– The 8-Week Hydrotherapy Block expires 8 weeks after your registered period begins. This period refers to the dates outlined in your registration form.
– All participants registering for the 8-Week Hydrotherapy Block will be required to answer 6 short health related questions. These questions are part of a validated screening test which will help to ensure that participants can safely engage in their exercise.
Continued COVID-19 Health and Safety Initiatives at Arthritis & Osteoporosis WA
The following provisions will continue to ensure your health and safety when visiting AOWA:
– Hand sanitiser is available on entry to practice good hygiene.
– All participants are required to stay away from exercise classes and seek medical guidance if: feeling unwell, experiencing coronavirus symptoms, or have recently had contact with someone with coronavirus. Please access the healthywa website for further information on COVID-19 symptoms
Absences & Replacement Classes
– If you are unable to attend a session due to unforeseen medical reasons or illness, a replacement class may be arranged during the current 8-week period only (subject to availability).
– For any other reason medically unrelated, participants will not be entitled to a replacement session.
– If eligible for a replacement session, you must contact AOWA to discuss available times for booking.
– You must contact AOWA to check availability at least 24 hours prior to attending a replacement session.
– Please consider your session booking carefully before you enrol, as we do not offer refunds.
– The only exception for an eligible refund is due to unforeseen medical reasons or illness which prevents participation for a period greater than 3 consecutive weeks.
– All cancellation requests must be submitted through a cancellation form, which will be assessed by the Exercise Services Coordinator.
Cancellations by AOWA
– We reserve the right to cancel an exercise class/session due to unforeseen circumstances. If applicable, a replacement will be offered to participants of the cancelled class/session.