Term 2, 2023: 1 May – 19 June (7 weeks)
No Class 5/6 WA Day Public Holiday
This JIA Hydrotherapy Program is available to secondary school students who have chronic musculoskeletal conditions (ie. Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, chronic back pain, hypermobility) and are competent swimmers (able to enter and exit the pool unaided).
Benefits of the program include:
- increased muscle strength
- improved joint range of movement
- improved coordination
- balance and agility
This program is led by a physiotherapist experienced in working with children and teenagers with chronic musculoskeletal conditions.
*Please bring a water bottle with you.
Venue: Hydrotherapy Pool, Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park
Cost: Please see ticket details below to view term class fees.
Class Times: You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class (once per week)
- If you are interested in joining after the registration closing date, please contact our staff to assist with your request.
- You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class.
- PLEASE NOTE: If you wish to attend more than one class per week, you will need to register for additional classes throughout the week.
To successfully complete registration, you must either:
- Answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
- Gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6
AOWA has put in place the following COVID-19 safety measures, where all service users and staff are required to:
- Maintain physical distancing at all times keeping 1.5 metres from others.
- Sanitise hands on entry and practice good hygiene.
- Arrive up to 5 minutes before the class starts and wait outside in the pool foyer (physically distanced) until staff give clearance to enter the exercise area.
- Sign in on entry to exercise area and answer required COVID-19 declaration questions, before the class commences.
- Exit the exercise area promptly (within 5 minutes of the class ending) so staff can perform cleaning between classes.
- Stay away from AOWA premises if you are feeling unwell (See this link for further information on Covid-19 symptoms)