- This event has passed.
Tai Chi for Arthritis & Osteoporosis (Beginner 1) – Sundays 8:00am Shenton Park
October 22 @ 8:00 am - 9:00 am$95.00
Term 4: 16th October – 10th December 2023 (8 weeks)
The Tai Chi for Arthritis program was created in 1997 by Dr Paul Lam and a team of tai chi and medical experts. The program is designed for beginners to improve muscular strength to support and protect the joints, as well as flexibility and mobility to reduce pain and stiffness. The focus on weight transference improves balance which reduces falls, and the movements increase fitness which promotes the proper functioning of the heart and lungs. The program also helps to relieve pain, reduce stress and increase relaxation.
The classes are led by Teresa Stokes, a Senior Trainer and Certified Instructor with Dr Paul Lam’s Tai Chi for Health Institute. Teresa is an experienced instructor who is skilled at modifying movements to suit individuals. Chairs are available for support, and the program can be performed seated if preferred.
Please wear loose comfortable clothing and flat soled shoes, and bring a water bottle.
Venue: Seminar Room, Wyllie Arthritis Centre, 17 Lemnos Street, Shenton Park.
Cost: Please see ticket details below to view term class fees.
Class Times: You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class (once per week)
– All registrations for this term period open 12 noon on Wednesday, 20 September.
– Online registrations will close on Friday, 20 October.
– If you are interested in joining after the registration closing date, please contact our staff to assist with your request.
– You may only attend the day and time allocated for this class.
To successfully complete registration, you must either:
– Answer ‘No’ to all 6 questions (numbered 1 – 6) OR
– Gain clearance from your GP/medical specialist PRIOR to participation in exercise if you have answered ‘Yes’ to one or more of the questions numbered 1 – 6
Continued COVID-19 Health and Safety Initiatives at Arthritis & Osteoporosis WA
The following provisions will continue to ensure your health and safety when visiting AOWA:
– Hand sanitiser is available on entry to practice good hygiene.
– All participants are required to stay away from exercise classes and seek medical guidance if: feeling unwell, experiencing coronavirus symptoms, or have recently had contact with someone with coronavirus. Please access the healthywa website for further information on COVID-19 symptoms